Decided to make a start on a scaled down version of the stag I made a while ago, had some rebar left over from a joint project that I did with another artist. After a load of wire brushing and a b it of bending I had the basic antler shape, welded on some short bits of rebar, I don't bother to much with the symmetry, real ones are odd anyway, after giving them a bit of a sharpening up I welded them to a piece from a gearbox that I've had kicking about the garage for ages, found some long bolts, welded them into a basic face shape to what I welded sheet steel that I cut out of a 1980's stereo shell. These shape quite well with my panel hammer and leather cushion. Its taken shape well, need to make its neck, mouth, ears & shield. That'll have to wait until tomorrow as its too cold out there for me, you'd think welding would be a warm kind of job!
Check back tomorrow for the progress, if the man flue hasn't killed me off in the mean time!!